Chelsea Price shares her recipe for a s’more’s pie.
Find more recipes from Chelsea on Instagram, @pricelessbakes.
S’mores No Bake Pie
- One 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 oz Ghirardelli’s 60% chocolate bar
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tub marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- Start by prepping your crust. If you plan to make your own, I have a good trick to finding the perfect amount of crust ratio for you up in the blog post.
- Add egg yolks and sugar to a large heat safe mixing bowl. In a sauce pan melt together the chocolate and heavy cream, continually stirring. Once the chocolate is fully melted and the milk starts to simmer slowly add a small portion of the hot chocolate milk to the eggs. Stir the eggs while poring in the milk. Then add the egg mixture back to the sauce pan and bring to the heat. Place over medium low heat and cook for 6-8 minutes or till it reaches 165* F and thickens up to a pudding consistency. Be sure to stir this the whole time it is cooking so it doesn’t curdle or scorch the milk.
- Remove from heat and transfer back to your heat safe bowl. Stir to let steam release and allow the eggs not to curdle. It will turn silky smooth and be ready to cover and rest. At this point the custard will still be runny. It will set after giving it time to chill.
- If these steps seem intimidating you can follow me on IG to get a sense of what is expected.
- Let the chocolate custard come to room temp and then place in the fridge for 3-4 hours. You can also put it in the crust to set but be sure to give it a good amount of time to chill. After chill time is up, top with marshmallow fluff or mini marshmallows and torch to get that classic campfire toast.
- Serve and enjoy.