It’s that time! If you missed ordering from your favorite Girl Scout, look for a
cookie booth coming to a town near you.
One of Utah’s top cookie sellers, Alyssa Snyder, explains how to track down
Samoas, Thin Mints and more!
ABOUT THE GIRL SCOUT COOKIE PROGRAM
· The Girl Scout Cookie program is the largest girl-led business in the
country and generates over $700 million for girls and their communities.
· All program levels from Daisies to Ambassadors (K-12) participate in the
Girl Scout Cookie Program.
· The best selling cookies in Utah in 2011 were Thin Mints.
· Cookies from orders will be delivered in March.
· Cookie booths will be open around the community March 9 – 25. Go to
www.gsutah.org and use the Girl
Scout Cookie Booth Locator to find a cookie
booth near you.
During the 2012 cookie season, eight cookie varieties will be available at
$3.50 per box:
· Do-si-dos – Creamy peanut butter sandwiched between crisp oatmeal
· Dulce de Leche – Bite sized cookies rich with caramel chips
· Savannah Smiles – Crisp, zesty lemon wedge cookie that commemorates
Scouts’ 100th anniversary
· Samoas – Coconut, chocolate and caramel cookies
· Tagalongs – Creamy peanut butter patties on vanilla cookies covered in
· Thank U Berry Munch – A crisp cookie with cranberries and white fudge
· Thin Mints – wafer cookie covered in chocolate made with natural
· Trefoils – Old fashioned shortbread cookies
WHERE THE MONEY GOES
Did you know every Girl Scout cookie has a mission?
The Girl Scout Cookie Program is an American tradition and the nation’s
premier entrepreneurship program for girls and young women.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program helps girls develop a wide range of skills,
including goal setting, money management, teamwork, and product
Girl Scout Cookies can send a girl to summer camp or traveling abroad! She
can pay her own way with cookie credits – what a confidence builder!
All proceeds generated from Girl Scouts of Utah’s Cookie Program support
programs for Utah girls.
HOW THE GIRL SCOUT COOKIE CRUMBLES
$1.67 Troop program and services
$0.40 Troop proceeds
$0.20 Activity credits and incentives
$0.05 Service Unit proceeds
$2.32 Goes to Girl Scouting in Utah
$0.91 Cost of cookies
WHAT GIRLS LEARN
Girls develop valuable life and leadership skills that help them succeed in
* Goal Settting
* Marketing skills
* Ethical decision making
* Inventory management
* Customer service
* Money Management
* Leadership skills
* Communications skills
MORE THAN JUST COOKIES
When you purchase a box of Girl Scout cookies, you are not only buying a
delicious treat, but also supporting the leading business and financial literacy
program for girls in the nation.
Girls who participate in the Cookie Program earn activity credits that can be
used to help pay for council-sponsored activities or camps, Girl Scout
merchandise, or Girl Scout travel destinations.
To learn more, visit www.gsutah.com.