Studio 5 Contributor Kim Christopherson shares a sample activity from a newly-released DVD: “The DIY Dish Summer Crafts for Kids.”
Instructions for Nature Jewelry:
– Pressed leaves/flowers
– Decoupage medium (Ex: Mod Podge)
– Paint brush
– 2 options for hanging: a bale or thin floral wire
– Yarn, raffia, beads, etc.
– Small rocks or 1″ bathroom tiles
1. Brush decoupage medium onto rock or tile square.
2. Place pressed leaf or flower onto the rock or tile.
3. Brush another layer of decoupage medium over the leaf/flower and allow time to dry.
4. There are two options for hanging the rock or tile. You can glue a “bale” to the back of it or you can wrap the rock or tile with thin floral wire.
5. Add yarn or raffia, and beads to finish your necklace.
If you love this idea, you’ll love the 20+ activities included on the DVD: The DIY Dish Summer Crafts for Kids. Hosts Kim and Kris from The DIY Dish present four fun weeks of summertime crafting activities. Each week is based around a theme with something fun to do every day!
Create memories with your grandchildren by hosting your very own “Grandma Camp.” The DVD features craft, sewing, and art activities that fit with themes of garden, patriotism, nature, and fun in the kitchen.
Studio 5 viewers can make your Grandma Camp extra special by downloading the free “S’mores” invitation, Grandma Camp hand-embroidery design, tackle-box tag, and memory book reproducibles.
Find the free reproducibles and order your DVD copy of The DIY Dish Summer Crafts for Kids at www.theDIYdish.com/blog.