This Greek chicken recipe is perfect for busy summer nights.
When the summer months hit, dinner time becomes busier than ever. It’s helpful to have easy, delicious dinner recipes on hand that will feed a hungry crowd!
Michelle Malie shares a simple Mediterranean meal that you will be making all summer long. Her recipe for a marinated grilled Greek chicken along with a Greek feta salad to serve on the side is hearty, fresh, and full of flavor! The chicken only marinates for 30 minutes in the fridge. That gives you just enough time to chop up the veggies for the salad while you wait. Once the chicken is grilled and the salad dressing has been poured, dinner is done!
Find more recipes from Michelle on Instagram, @thecookiekitchenbakery.
Greek Feta Salad
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and cut into fourths
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 can medium olives, drained
- 1/3 cup Feta Greek salad dressing
- 1/4-1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Add all vegetables to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add the salad dressing and stir. Top with the feta cheese crumbles. Serve immediately.
Grilled Greek Chicken
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thinly sliced chicken breasts or 4 regular chicken breasts
- Whisk all ingredients except chicken together in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a Ziplock bag or a medium bowl or square pan and allow the meat to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat your grill. Cook chicken over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side for thinly sliced chicken breasts or 7 minutes per side for thicker chicken breasts (meat is fully cooked through when it reaches 165° with a meat thermometer). Serve immediately.