Whip up a batch of Alex Daynes‘ healthier gingerbread Rice Krispie treats!
Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup Cinnamon Bun Almond Butter* see notes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- Optional: melted white chocolate for drizzling
- Line and grease a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- To prepare, in a large mixing bowl, add 4 cups of rice krispie cereal.
- In a small pot on the stove, add the Cinnamon Bun butter, honey, and molasses, and stir till well combined. While stirring, bring the mixture to a low simmer and then immediately take off the heat and stir the vanilla and ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the rice krispie cereal and stir together well, until all of the cereal is well coated with the mixture.
- Pour the gingerbread rice krispies into a pan and spread them evenly across your pan, so the top is smooth and as flat as possible. Press the rice krispies into the pan. Drizzle with white chocolate if desired.
- Cover and place the gingerbread rice krispie treats into the fridge and let them cool for at least an hour. Remove from your fridge and cut into 9 bars.