Set it and forget it. We love that phrase! Especially when it comes to the kitchen’s favorite appliance. We’re making apple cider in the Instant Pot!
Alex Daynes shares the recipe and method that is so easy and tasty, you’ll be everyone’s go-to apple cider gal.
Homemade Apple Cider
- 6 apples, sliced
- 2 oranges, quartered
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® whole cloves
- 2 McCormick® cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- Prepare your apples and oranges. Remove the cores from the apples and quarter the oranges. You can leave the peels on!
- Add the apples, oranges, maple syrup, McCormick® cloves, McCormick® cinnamon sticks, McCormick® ginger, and nutmeg to the Instant Pot.
- Next, add the water. Be sure there is enough to submerge all the ingredients.
- Lock the lid, set the valve to seal, and manually set the timer to 15 minutes.
- When finished, quick release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Mash the now softened fruit up with a potato masher to release the juices.
- Carefully strain the solids from the liquids using a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids and serve hot.