These mango chicken taco bowls will keep you satisfied all evening.
There are two words we love to hear to describe a dinner recipe – healthy and hearty! These Chicken Mango Taco Bowls are just that!
Whitney Cummock shares a recipe that checks all the boxes. It is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, nut free, Paleo, and even Whole30. The marinade doubles as a dressing for the taco bowls and the toppings are homemade and piled high.
Mango Chicken Taco Bowls
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ limes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp cracked pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1½ lbs. chicken breast
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 ½ cups diced mango
- 2/3 cup diced avocado
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
Instant Pot Quinoa
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups water (can use chicken or vegetable broth)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mixed salad greens
- Crushed plantain chips or tortilla chips
- Mix your marinade/dressing by adding and mixing all the ingredients, except for chicken
breast, in a bowl. Separate and reserve about ⅓-½ of the mixture to use as a dressing at the end.
- Toss the chicken in the marinade mixture and make sure it’s thoroughly coated.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the chicken breast to the pan. Turn it over every couple
of minutes, and let it cook until the internal temperature reaches at least 165F (74C). Let it rest
for 5 minutes after it’s cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, make your quinoa. Add your quinoa, water, and salt to the
Instant Pot. Give it a quick stir, close the lid, close the vent, and cook on high pressure for 3
minutes. After the timer goes off, let it sit for about 10 minutes, and then release the pressure
- To make the mango avocado salsa, dice the mango, avocado, red onion, and cilantro. Mix them
all together and toss with the juice from 1 lime and the sea salt. Set aside for serving when ready.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and assemble your bowls. Start with quinoa, then add a
handful of mixed salad greens, and then top that with chicken, mango avocado salsa, crushed
plantain chips, and a drizzle of the reserved dressing.