Bring a taste of Italy to your summer table with this bruschetta bake!
Got loads of zucchini? Tons of tomatoes? Put them all to good use in this Italian bruschetta bake! It’s perfect for dinner, or as an upscale pot luck dish for your next barbecue.
Elena Davis shares the how-to for this take on an Italian favorite. Fresh veggies and crunchy bread really make this bruschetta bake shine. Make your own loaf, or make it easy and buy some tasty alternatives at your local grocery store.
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmegiano cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (any variety) diced in quarter pieces
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dry or fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dry or fresh oregano
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Spray an oven safe baking dish (9 inch round or 8×8 rectangular) with cooking spray set aside.
- Mix all the bruschetta ingredients in a bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the slices of zucchini in the oven safe dish with an overlapping pattern in rows or a spiral if using a round dish. Pour bruschetta topping on top of zucchini and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes until the zucchini is fork tender and the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly. If you notice it starts browning too quickly, tent with aluminum foil.