Loaded nachos + French fries = the best carne asada fries ever!
Take the toppings from your favorite plate of nachos and stack them up on some crispy French fries! Infuse juicy steak with zesty Mexican flavor for a summer snack that really packs a punch.
Wendy Paul shares how to put this plate together. Not sure which fries are best? Wendy has some favorites that are easy to find. She also shares a tasty seasoning packet you might not have heard of.
Carne Asada Fries
- 1 pkg. Seasoned Fries cooked and crispy
- 2 lbs. steak sliced thin, cooked to medium
- 1 packet Wicked Tasty Taco Carne Asada Sauce
- Toppings: Diced tomatoes, pico de gallo, pickled onions, Cotija cheese, green onions, cheese sauce, sliced olives, cilantro, guacamole, jalapeno & sour cream.
Cook your fries according to package directions. I like my fries crispy so I tend to cook them just a little longer.
Warm your meat, and add the package of Carne Asada sauce. Stir to combine and cover all the meat. Set aside.
Make your cheese sauce. (below)
- 1/2 lb. sharp cheddar grated
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp-2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
Melt the butter and flour together, in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Gently whisk the broth into the flour mixture and simmer until thickened. Then add the cheese and heavy cream and stir until melted and creamy. Season with salt and Sriracha sauce.
Assemble your fries:
Drizzle the cheese sauce, on the fries. Top with your favorite toppings. Ideas listed above. Eat. Then eat some more.