1/2 Tbl. cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbl. grated lemon rind
1 Tbl. butter flavoring, i.e. Molly McButter, Butter Buds, etc
1 egg plus 2 whites
2/3 cup fresh lemonjuice (approximately 3 large lemons)
1. Mix cornstarch with sugar and combine with lemon, egg and whites in a saucepan. Whisking often cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
2. Stir in lemon juice and whisking continuously continue to cook for 5 min. or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and cool, cover and chill. Mixture will thicken as it cools. Serving size 1 Tbl.
Light Graham Cracker Crust:
1 recipe prepared light Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/4 cup low fat graham cracker crumbs (10 whole crackers, crushed)
2 Tbl sugar
3 Tbl land OLakes Light Butter
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted butter in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Pat crust evenly over bottom and lightly up sides of pan. Bake crust for 8 min, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
4-8 ounce packages fat free cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbl. flour mixed with sugar
2 Tbl. grated lemon rind
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg plus 4 egg whites
1 recipe cooled Lemon Curd, approximately 1 2/3 cups
1. Prepare crust according to recipe directions and cool.
2. Reduce oven to 325F. Blend flour into sugar until combined and set aside.
3. Using a wire whisk or electric mixer on medium-low, blend cream cheese together with sugar mixture, lemon rind, vanilla and salt. Blend in egg and then egg whites into mixture until combined. Do not over beat mixture after adding eggs.
4. Pour mixture into prepared 9-inch to 10-inch pan and smooth out top. Spoon mounds of Lemon Curd over cheese filling a swirl together with Lemon Curd using the tip of a knife or a fork. Bake for 1 hour and 15 min. or until cheesecake is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool at room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.