6 small/medium apples, washed and well drained with stems removed
25 caramel candies, unwrapped
5 ounces marshmallow cream (1 cup)
6 wooden Popsicle sticks
2 tablespoons water
1 to 2 drops caramel coloring – optional
6 decorative wax paper or foil cup cake liners
Candy Halloween decorations, sprinkles etc. – optional
1. Gently spread cup cake liners flat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Insert wooden sticks into stem end of each thoroughly dried apple and set
2. Place unwrapped caramels and two tablespoons water in top pan of a small
double boiler or small heavy bottom sauce pan, gently melt caramels over low to
medium-low heat until smooth, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Stir in marshmallow cream and food color if desired to achieve original
color of caramel, 1-2 drops until smooth.
4. Dip apples into warm caramel mixture and turn until coated. If coating in
pan is too shallow, spoon/drizzle caramel mixture over top and side of apple to
cover. Scrape excess caramel coating from bottom apple and place on prepared
cup cake liner.
5. Apples can be served immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
if refrigerated, allow apples to sit at room temperature 15 minutes to allow
caramel to soften before serving.