1 recipe prepared Light Graham Cracker Crust
2 16-oz. containers fat free cottage cheese
2 8-oz. containers 50% less fat cream cheese (4.5 grams fat per 1-oz.)
3 eggs and 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
½ cup fat free sour cream
2 ¼ cups sugar
¼ cup flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest – optional
1. Prepare crust according to recipe below and allow to cool to room temperature. Place a 9 x 13 -inch baking pan in oven on bottom rack. Fill pan half way full with hot water. Preheat oven to 325º F.
2. To prepare filling; If necessary, strain or pour off any excess liquid from surface of cottage cheese and discard. Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
3. Place cream cheese and sugar in large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. With mixer on low speed mix in flour a tablespoon at a time. Add sour cream, eggs egg whites and extracts to cream cheese mixture and beat together on medium speed until combined. Do not over beat, too much air in the batter will cause the cake to crack With mixer on slow speed or using a spatula or wooden spoon blend/fold cottage cheese into cream cheese mixture until well blended.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Center should still be a little wobbly. Cool cheesecake in closed oven for 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven and run knife around outside edge and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or over night. To serve, slice into 16 pieces and top with Strawberry Glaze. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desire.
Yield: 16 servings with crust at approximately 280 calories; 6 grams total fat; 3.4 grams saturated fat; 58 milligrams cholesterol; 44.6 grams carbohydrate; 0 dietary fiber; 12.5 grams protein; 460 milligrams sodium.
1 16-oz container frozen strawberries sweetened or;
4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened whole berries and 1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons any berry liqueur, franbois, kirsch, etc. – optional
1. Place strawberries in a food processor or blender with sugar and liqueur and process until smooth.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups or 28 servings of 2 tablespoons at approximately 44 calories; 0 fat; 0 cholesterol; 11 grams carbohydrate; 1.4 grams dietary fiber; 0.2 gram protein; 0 sodium.
Light Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs or 10 whole crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Butter (5.5 grams fat per 1 tablespoon) or other light butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in the bottom of 9 to 10-inch spring-form pan. Pat crust evenly over bottom of pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool before filling.