1 cup unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon malted milk powder
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup fat free oil and shortening replacement
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 8-oz package or cup fat free cream cheese, softened (reserve 2-oz for frosting)
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup chopped nuts – optional
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
2-oz reserved fat free cream cheese
2 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Butter or other light butter (5.5 grams fat per tablespoon)
1/4 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon Molly McButter or other butter flavoring – optional
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray and dust lightly with flour, set aside. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa together into a mixing bowl, add malted milk powder and stir all ingredients together until well combined.
2. Cream shortening replacement together with sugar until combined, beat in egg whites and vanilla until smooth. Fold flour/ cocoa mixture into sugar mixture until combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
3. Mix 2 tablespoons flour into sugar and combine with 6 ounces cream cheese, fat free sour cream, egg whites and vanilla. Beat 1 minute at medium speed or with wire whisk until smooth; stir in nuts if using. Spread over chocolate layer and sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean.
4. Remove pan from oven and cover top with marshmallows. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes until marshmallows have melted together. Do not worry if marshmallows have browned lightly.
5. While marshmallows are melting, combine remaining cream cheese with butter, milk and cocoa powder in a small sauce pan and heat over low, whisking ingredients together until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar, butter flavoring, and vanilla. Remove frosting from heat and immediately drizzle over marsh-mallow topping. If desired frosting can be lightly swirled together with marshmallows. Cool, cut into bars and store in refrigerator in sealed container.