It has a tricky reputation, but this classic breakfast can be easy to make.
A classic eggs benedict is a brunch favorite when going out to eat! But have you tried making it at home? You can do it with four simple ingredients.
Wendy Paul shares her cheater recipe to make this breakfast classic easy. This recipe comes from her grandmother. She would make it for Wendy when she was growing up and when she shared the recipe with her, Wendy thought that it couldn’t only be four ingredients, but it is!
For more recipes from Wendy, follow her on Instagram at @TheRealWendyPaul.
Popular Eggs Benedict Varieties
Where this really gets fun is in the toppings! Wendy has three favorites.
Traditional: eggs benedict served over an English muffin with a slice of Canadian bacon.
California: eggs benedict served over half of an avocado.
Atlantic: eggs benedict served over an English muffin with smoked salmon.
Wendy suggests playing around with your toppings and finding what you love the most! She suggests bacon, cheese, arugula, focaccia rolls, smoked paprika, cheesy tomatoes, and more!
Eggs A La King (Cheater Eggs Benedict)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Onion
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Milk* or more
- 4 Eggs
- Desired Toppings
- Melt butter in a pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Sauté the onion in the butter until translucent
- Add one can of cream of chicken soup. Add milk until you reach desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat to low and crack 4 eggs into the sauce and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes and serve over English muffin with desired toppings.
MAKES: 4 servings