It’s a kid’s bedroom makeover on a serious budget. Simple, folded colored paper make up the focal point!
Laura Hatch shares how she installed these colorful paper airplanes in her son’s room.
Project Corner How-To: 3-D Paper Airplane Art
1. Select colored cardstock in four colors.
2. Cut to about three each in three sizes.
3. Fold basic paper airplanes. Click here for a tutorial.
4. Make an array of varying sizes and colors.
5. Tack on the wall with standard office push pins. Mount with the underside of the plane showing.
- Mount with push pins that match the paper so they are somewhat camouflaged.
- Use the same folding pattern for each plane.
- Be patient and persistent when folding cardstock. Consider using a bone folder or some other tool to press the folds.
- Arrange your planes as a fleet, all headed in one direction.
- Mount inside an imaginary border or shape. This will give a cohesive feeling and best aesthetic.
If you want to connect with Laura, find her on Instagram @larshatch