Ray Child from Comcast talks about the benefits of watching TV on your terms.
While television schedules may have once been set in stone, viewers can now largely control their own viewing experience.
DVRs allow viewers to watch their favorite shows whenever they want, as well as fast-forward live TV, pause to get a snack, and even create their own instant replays or watch in slow motion. Comcast’s video-on-demand service offers 17,000 shows that customers can choose from each month, including a vast programming library for children, as well as movies, sports, music and other popular genres. Programs are available any time customers want to watch them—with the ability to fast forward, rewind and pause selections. And, the vast majority of On Demand programs are available at no additional charge.
A recent survey conducted by Internal Communications Research for Comcast shows that time-shifting technology is proving to be a popular choice among Utah television viewers. More than half of viewers surveyed in Utah report using time-shifting technologies like DVRs and On Demand more than just a year ago, and the vast majority (85%) are using these technologies more than they did as recently as 2007!
With hundreds of shows to choose from, figuring out what to watch or when to set a recording can seem daunting – but it’s not. Here are some easy-to-follow tips to get the most out of your television viewing and time shifting technology:
• Create a plan: Knowing what’s available and where will help you determine what and how to watch – whether it be live, through DVR, or on Comcast On Demand. A plan will also help you avoid using your DVR to record programs that are already available Comcast On Demand, helping you to conserve recording space.
• Let your equipment do the work: Viewers who want to watch live football games for example, can also record other shows at the same time as well as set the “remind” programming function on their Comcast DVR that lets them know when their show is about to begin. And, with Comcast On Demand, viewers have access to a virtual library of 17,000 program options with the touch of their remote.
• Get the family involved: While Comcast’s On Demand services boast favorites for Mom and Dad like 30 Rock, Community and The Closer, to name just a few, it’s also loaded with content families love. Once the kids have finished their homework, they can catch their favorite shows, including Hannah Montana, SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer.
In addition to providing great time shifting technologies, Comcast also offers outstanding customer service with the Comcast Customer Guarantee:
• A 30 day money-back guarantee on all services
• Customers can call Comcast customer service representatives 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Comcast offers the best and most video choices, easy-to understand packages, and a clear bill.
• The company will address any problems that customers experience and if after a first visit, if the issue is not satisfactorily resolved, Comcast will extend a complimentary service.
• Comcast will schedule appointments at customers’ convenience. If Comcast fails to arrive on time for a scheduled visit, the customer will receive a $20 credit to their account.
For more information customers can call 1-800-Comcast, or go to www.comcast.com.