This roasted halibut is a refreshing light meal.
The lighter fare of fish is a welcome meal after a heavy holiday weekend. This roasted halibut is all class, but not complicated to make! Pair it with asparagus and a flavorful miso gravy for a fresh weekday dinner.
Scott Hamilton shares how to put this meal together. When roasting fish, you want to go for a thicker cut that can withstand the heat. Finishing this dish off with miso gravy adds an umami richness you won’t find anywhere else.
Oven Roasted Halibut with Mushroom Miso Dill Gravy
Oven Roasted Halibut
- 1 lb Halibut or Cod Filets
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley Leafs
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill
- 1 tsp Prepared Horseradish
- ½ tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- ⅓ Cup Mayo
- 1 lb or 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Shallot
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 4 lemon slice, from half of a Lemon
Miso Mushroom Gravy
- ½ cup Mushrooms,to be minced
- ½ Lemon Juice
- 1Tbsp minced shallot
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced Dill
- 1 Tbsp Miso
- 1 Rounded Tbsp Horseradish
- 1 Cup Stock
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
Oven Roasted Halibut and Asparagus
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a blender or food Processor, combine, ⅓ cup Mayonnaise with 1 Tbsp Parsley, 1 Tbsp fresh Dill, 1 tsp Prepared Horseradish, ½ tsp each: minced Garlic, Ginger Paste, Black Pepper, and the Zest of 1 Lemon
3. Blend together until fully incorporated and the dill and parsley are finely chopped, and salt to taste
4. Coat fish filets completely with Mayonnaise Mixture, and set aside
5. On a foil or silicone mat lined sheet tray combine Oil Asparagus, Minced Shallots and Garlic, Salt and Pepper, and lay flat.
6. Top with four slices of Lemon, and place Fish over lemons and Asparagus.
7. Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until an intel temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit has been reached in the fish.
Miso Mushroom Gravy
8. Preheat a sauce pot over medium high with 2 Tbsp of butter.
9. Once butter has melted add Minced Shallots and cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes or until shallots begin to soften and turn translucent.
10. Add Ginger Paste and 1 tbsp of Fresh chopped Dill, and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
11. Add Mushrooms, and Garlic, stir to combine.
12. Press mixture flat across the bottom of the pan, cook for 1-1.5 minutes without stirring.
13. Stir mixture and repeat the previous step.
14. Add 1 tbsp Miso and stir to combine, add a splash of stock if needed to loosen up mixture to fully combine.
15. Once combined add 1 tbsp Flour and the Lemon Juice, and Stir to combine, Cook for about 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
16. Add stock and stir to combine, bring to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes.