Peach season is upon us! Whip up this peaches and cream twist on a Utah favorite salad.
Many Utah families are fans of the strawberry pretzel salad. But at this time of year, we’re throwing peaches into the mix! This fruit mixed with cream and pretzels will be your new favorite summer treat.
Alex Daynes shares the recipe. She shares how she drew inspiration from the original strawberry version, and the small tweaks to make for this delicious peach dish.
Peaches and Cream Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages of Peach Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. To a bowl, add the pretzels, sugar and melted butter. Stir together to coat, and then evenly press into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While crust is baking, empty jell-o mix into a bowl, and add boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Set jell-o aside to cool to room temperature.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and smooth. Gradually add in the whipping topping and mix until completely combined. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled crust, making sure filling is sealed to the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate crust and cream cheese mixture for 30 minutes to set.
- While crust and filling layers are chilling, slice and peel the fresh peaches.
- Once the cream cheese layer is cool, add the peach slices. Pour the room temperature jell-o over the peaches. Chill for at least 1-2 hours or until jell-o is completely set.
- Top with whipped cream and additional pretzels, if desired. Slice into squares and enjoy!
You can use fresh or drained canned peaches depending on the season!