Learn how to make a perfect steak this summer.
There’s dance competitions, there’s art competitions, there’s even competitive swimming. But our heads were recently turned towards a different kind of showdown: a steak cookoff.
Award winning grill master Roger Donohoe says there’s a science to the sizzle, and shares his secrets to a steak done right. He competes in multiple steak competitions a year, and just won one of the very first perfect scores ever given in a steak competition. He shares how he chooses the right steak, marinades, and rubs, and sets it to the smoke.
Find more from Roger on Facebook.
Bacon Jalapeno Creamed Corn
- 20 oz. Corn. Room temperature
- 16 oz heavy cream
- ½ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup diced or pureed jalapenos
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine the ingredients. If you are using frozen corn, make sure the corn is thawed before adding the cream. Cook over medium heat until the corn is done.
The Perfect Steak
- Trim excess fat from the edges.
- You can marinate the steak using any commercial marinade.
- Season the steak with your favorite rubs. Make sure that your steak is well seasoned and even. Do not over salt it.
- Using a probe thermometer to check the temperature at the center of the steak, cook the steak on your grill to the desired temperature.
Medium rare: 125
Medium well: 140