Sometimes making pallet furniture becomes complicated and requires carpentry skills. But this Studio 5 project is simple, yet substantial. Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop shows us how.
1. Gather three cast-off wooden pallets identical in size.
2. Designate one pallet as the base, and attach four rolling casters to each corner.
3. Stack the second pallet on the base.
4. To create the top, it is necessary to remove the boards from the underside of the remaining pallet. Carefully cut or strip off the boards and use them to fill in the gaps on the top side of the pallet. This will give you a table top that is solid. Stack the final pallet on top of the first two.
5. Sand all the rough edges and peel away and splintered wood.
6. Using spray paint, spray the entire table. Once table is dry, it is ready to use!
7. To add storage to your table, slide shallow baskets or bins into the natural spaces created on the sides of the table.
8. To transform your coffee table into a rolling ottoman, simple add a couple of chair pads for instant extra seating.
Check out other ideas for wood pallets at www.reclaimedhome.com
Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop loves turning trash into treasure. She is handy with a hammer, and has a knack for saving a dime by doing it yourself! If you have questions for Jenn, e-mail her at email@example.com