Heidi VanValkenburg, with Rhodes Rolls, shares not one, but two breadstick recipes to serve with your favorite soup.
Find more recipes at rhodesbakenserv.com.
Dog Bone Breadsticks
- 24 Rhodes Dinner Rolls or 12 Rhodes Texas Size Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- garlic salt
- Combine 2 dinner rolls or one Texas Size Roll and roll each into a 14-inch rope. Tie a knot on each side of rope to make it look like a dog bone.
- Place breadsticks on an 11×17-inch sprayed baking sheet. Brush well with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until double in size. Remove wrap and bake at 350º F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Giant Cheesy Breadsticks
- Cut 3 cheese sticks in half. Combine 2 rolls, press the dough out to be long enough for 1 1/2 cheese sticks. Place 1 1/2 cheese sticks along the center of the dough, enclose the cheese completely. Repeat with remaining cheese and dough.
- Combine parmesan and garlic salt in a plate. Roll each breadstick in butter, then in parmesan mixture and place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes or until double in size. Make three diagonal cuts across the top of each breadstick. Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes.