Marguerite Henderson shares the recipe for Nova Scotia lobster chowder.
Find more recipes from Marguerite on Instagram, @mangiabene801.
Nova Scotia Lobster Chowder
- 2 cups peeled, cubed, cooked potatoes (set aside)
- 2 T. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 1-2 cups seafood broth (depending on how thick you want the chowder)
- 2 cups half and half
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked chopped lobster meat or crab meat or langoustine meat
- Optional: oyster crackers or plain crackers, chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and add onion and celery, stirring often over low heat until onions are soft.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper and broth. Stir well until thickened slightly.
- Add half and half, parsley and the reserved potatoes. Cover; simmer on low, stirring often, for 10-12 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the lobster meat; simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with oyster crackers or plain water crackers on the side. Garnish with more chopped parsley, if desired.