2-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbl. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/3 cup cold butter
3/4 cup pumpkin (canned or cooked and mashed)
3/4 cup milk
1. Place 2 cups flour in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Stir well.
2. Using a pastry blender or two knives in scissor fashion, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the moisture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add the pumpkin and the milk and stir until all ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms. (Add more flour if needed, but just enough so it is easy to handle.)
4. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approximately 1/2-inch thick. Cut into approximately 2-inch circles using a floured biscuit or cookie cutter and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet 1-inch apart.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-12 min. or until golden brown. Serve hot with butter, honey, or honey butter.