No baking. No fuss. Learn the trick to making this sweet, stackable Halloween treat!
Pumpkin Chocolate Ice Box Cake
• 1 box chocolate wafer cookies (Famous Wafers)
• 1 3oz package cream cheese, softened
• 1 c. pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
• 2 c. heavy whipping cream
• 3/4 c. powdered sugar
• 1 T ground cinnamon
• 1/4 t. ground allspice
• 2 t. pure vanilla extract
• Set the box of cookies aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat together the remaining ingredients for the filling until it’s
the texture of thick whipped cream or frosting.
• On a plate or cake stand at least 8-inches across arrange 5 cookies in a circle, then
add one cookie in the center. Cookies should overlap on the edges slightly.
• Scoop a generous 1/2 cup of the pumpkin whipped cream mixture onto the cookies
and gently spread it evenly over the cookies, just leaving the edges peeking out.
• Repeat with another layer of cookies, offseting this layer from the one below to fill in
• Add another layer of pumpkin whipped cream, then cookies, then whipped cream,
continuing until all the cookies have been used.
• Finish the top layer with a generous amount of the pumpkin whipped cream.
• Gently cover the cake with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator at least 8 hours
or overnight so the cookies and cream soften together and make a cakelike texture.
• Decorate the cake with chocolate shavings, chocolate curls or a generous sprinkle of
cocoa powder or cinnamon, just before serving.
• Makes one cake, about 7-inches across and 5-inches high (Serves 6)
Recipe created by Holly Hanks at PheMOMenon.com