A luscious, layered holiday pie with a twist! It’s a pumpkin pecan combo.
Plus the tools and techniques to make a plain pie, pretty!
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Prepared refrigerated pie dough (you can do homemade, and lay it down unbaked)
1 c. pure pumpkin
1/3 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 T pumpkin pie spice
2/3 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. sugar
2 large eggs
3 T butter, melted
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover greased pie tin/glass dish with refrigerated/prepared pie dough. Poke holes with a fork in bottom of crust.
3. Pumpkin Layer: Combine pumpkin, sugar, egg and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Stir well and spread over bottom of uncooked pie shell.
4. Pecan layer: Combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla in same bowl, stir in nuts. Spoon over pumpkin layer.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until knife/toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe Source: Very Best Baking
Decorative leaf cutters (autumn and winter) – Williams Sonoma
Mini Pie Molds – Sur La Table
Zyluss Pie & Cake sever – Sur La Table
Pie gate – Spoons n’ Spice
Pie Pattern Press – www.fresh finds.com