2 9 or 10 in. spring-form pans, both need to be the same size
1 Light Graham Cracker Crust
Prepare crust in one of the two spring-form pans. After crust has cooled to room temperature, cover and refrigerate overnight.
1 28-oz. can solid pack pumpkin
1 1/3 cups sugar mixed with 1 Tbl. cornstarch
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. salt
3 cups nonfat evaporated skim milk
1 egg and 6 egg whites
1. Lightly spray the inside of second pan with cooking spray and line the outside bottom and sides with aluminum foil, set aside.
2. Combine sugar and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer for 1 min. or until well blended. Pour into prepared spring-form pan. Bake at 425 F. for 15 min. then reduce temperature to 350 F. for 40 to 50 min. or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
3. Before serving, remove pumpkin custard from refrigerator. Remove foil from outside of pan. Take a knife and carefully slip it around the outside edge of the custard to separate it from the pan before releasing the spring-form. Unwrap crust and release spring-form sides.
4. Remove any visible moisture from top of custard with a paper towel. Place crust pan directly on top of pumpkin custard. The bottom of the spring-form pan holding the crust should be facing up. Carefully and quickly, flip the pans over so that the crust is now supporting the bottom of the custard. Carefully lift off pan covering custard and smooth lightly with a knife. Return to refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve topped with fat free or light whipped cream.
Light Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs or 10 whole crackers, crushed
2 Tbl. sugar
3 Tbl. Land O’ Lakes Light Butter or other light butter or margarine, melted.
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in the bottom of a 8 to 10 inch spring-form pan or pie plate. Pat crust evenly over bottom and 1/4 inch up sides of pan. Bake crust for 8 min. remove from oven and set aside to cool.