These pumpkin rice krispie treats are the ultimate fall treat!
Pumpkin is out in full force! Mix up all the treats to really get into the fall spirit. These two recipes take full advantage of pumpkin season – one for dinner, one for dessert! Bring in cinnamon and other spices for the ultimate fall flavor.
Alex Daynes shares how to make pumpkin chili and pumpkin rice krispie treats. The addition of pumpkin into your classic chili makes it more creamy, but doesn’t overwhelm it with flavor. Top your rice krispie treats with a cinnamon drizzle for that extra fall punch.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning blend
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows, reserve a handful
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, stir in the pumpkin puree and cook for a few minutes until the pumpkin is hot.
- Add in the marshmallows and continuously stir until they melt down.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rice krispie cereal. Let it sit for a few minutes, then add in the reserved handful of marshmallows.
- Grease and line a 9×9 dish with parchment paper and press the cereal mixture into the pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the cinnamon chips and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the chips melt and stir to become pourable. Drizzle the cinnamon chip melt over the rice krispie treats.
- Place the pan in the fridge to chill for a least 10 minutes for the chocolate to set. Then, cut and enjoy!