This citrus salad is packed with greens.
This Quatro Verde Citrus Salad is so fresh and flavorful! It gets its name after the four greens added to the base of the salad – kale, basil, green olives, and avocado. It’s made with attention to detail in every layer.
Tami Steggell shares her number one favorite salad to make at home. For the dressing, Tami suggests rubbing the lemon zest with a little salt to help bring out the lemon flavor before adding the rest of the ingredients. The salad dressing marinates for a few minutes while you prepare and chop the greens, making the flavors combine beautifully.
Tami’s recommends massaging the dressing directly into the kale, making it tender and delicious. Pour the prepared dressing over the chopped kale leaves and begin to rub the dressing into the kale with your hands. You want to do this for a few seconds until the kale doesn’t feel tough.
Then, finish the salad off by topping it with the additional ingredients. Tami mentioned she also likes to include mini cucumbers for a little crunch. You can serve this salad as one large salad for one, or two smaller salads for two. You can also serve it as a side salad or top it with your favorite protein of choice to make it a meal.
For more recipes from Tami, check out her Instagram, @bitemeindustries.
Quatro Verde Citrus Salad
For the Dressing
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 shallot, medium, finely chopped
- 1/3 c olive oil, extra virgin
- black pepper, crushed
For the Salad
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale (a.k.a. blue dinosaur) stemmed & chopped
- ½ c basil, chopped
- ½ c green olives, nutty mild spicy citrusy
- ½ avocado
- 2 oz dubliner cheese, micro bladed (sub with parmesan or romano)
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade and set aside.
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and massage it into the leaves to soften and distribute the dressing evenly.
- Top with the additional salad ingredients and toss. Enjoy!
Yields: 2 small salads or one large salad