This angel food cake party is the sweetest spring soiree.
It’s a dessert we know and love, plated up with pretty pastels. We’re throwing a little spring fling around the classic angel food cake! The toppings take it over the top – sweet creams and berries, fudge sauce and Cadbury eggs.
Amy Richardson shares how to recreate the magic at your own spring soiree.
Tart Lemon Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup purchased lemon curd, Bonne Maman
- Whip together, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla to soft peaks. Slowly add 1/4 cup of the lemon curd, add additional lemon curd 1/4 cup at a time until all blended.
- Whip on high, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pipe or spoon a small amount into the center of the cake, add a layer of berries, continue process alternating until cake is filled. Serve with additional berries and toppings.
Makes 4-5 cups
You can find the rest of Amy’s recipes for this party at greattastebuds.wordpress.com.