Avoid that mid-afternoon wall where your body practically begs for a little pick me up. Nutritionist Blake Robinson and Owner of Evolve Fitness says you have two options, you can raid the fridge or the vending machine OR you can try a tasty healthy snack that will fuel you until your next meal.
Apples & Nut Butter
· Loaded with vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber, fruit is great for times when you need a little energy boost.
· Packed with vitamins, minerals and good cards which give you quick energy.
· Cashews, Almonds, and Hazelnuts are loaded with magnesium which is key to converting sugar into energy
Salmon & Greens
· Fatty fish, such as salmon, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can protect against depression and is excellent for heart health.
· Folate is found in leafy greens, legumes and nuts which also helps you stay happy and energetic.
Water & Dark Chocolate
· Hydration is key to a healthy weight, hard work in the gym, decreases appetite and keeps your skin young
· Dark chocolate has a bit of caffeine as well as theobromine to give you the kick to get through the afternoon
You can find Blake Robinson at www.evolvefitnessllc.com