Karla Stronk from Pebbles in My Pockets shares some new ideas that will have you grabbing for your punches.
Today on Studio 5, Karla demonstrated five fun-to-make projects using your craft punches.
Valentine Bouquet: This bouquet is made with heart shape punches, white floral wire and buttons. The vase is filled with red hot candies and tied with a ribbon.
• EK Whale of a Punch -Folk Heart punch – any heart punch will work
• Doodlebug white button asst. (includes various sizes of white, clear and polka dot buttons) – any buttons will work
• White floral wire
• Tall clear plastic cup – any type of see through vase or tall cup would work
• Red Hot Candies
Tag, Card & Heart: Scalloped paper can be created using a corner rounder, circle and or heart shaped punch.
• Patterned Papers from Pebbles Inc. Sweetheart collection
• Medium corner rounder punch
• 2 1/8 ” Circle punch
• Medium folk heart punch
• Reminisce “flirt” rub-ons
• Pebbles Inc. Congratulations rub-ons
Flower Lei: The lei is made with a large flower punch and straws in between, making a great children’s craft or favor for a Hawaii luau.
• Assorted colors of plain cardstock
• EK-Whale of a punch- retro flower punch ) any large fat flower punch will work
Confetti : A variety of punches can make fun confetti for parties, weddings, or cards.
• Mini & small various heart punches ( I just used some old ones we had in our classroom )
• McGill stacking crystal punches – size small & 15/16.
Stenciled Powdered Sugar: Use the frame from a punched shape as a stencil for decorating with powdered sugar – great for cakes and cookies.
• 8″ Round cake pan
• Chocolate cake mix
• Sifted powdered sugar
• Small strainer
• Paper for punching
• Small snowflake punch (any kind will work)
• Large snowflake punch (any kind will work)
You can visit Pebbles in My Pocket at the following locations:
Pebbles in My Pocket
1132 S. State Street
Orem, UT 84097
Salt Lake City Store
6185 S. Highland Dr.
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
St. George Store
779 S. Bluff Street
St. George, UT 84770