Brett Lund shows how to create 4 different place card settings for your Thanksgiving table.
Kids Thanksgiving Table Settings
Created By: Brett Lund
Skill Level: Intermediate
Time to Complete: 1 hour
• “Apple Cider” paper & Ribbon from Imaginisce™
• Cricut® machine
• Cricut® “Thanksgiving” seasonal cartridge
• Assorted candy
• Cinch™ binding machine and ¾” binding coil
• Assorted letter stickers
• Medium oval punch, 1″ circle punch, ½” square punch 1 ½” scalloped circle punch
Instructions for the pilgrim hat note book
1. Cut a pilgrim hat 4″ out of brown paper. Cut the band and the buckle out of patterned paper. Cut out the hat out of white paper also for the linings.
2. Glue the band and the trim on the hat.
3. Take the cover of the notebook and the back of the notebook and the liner pages and using the Cinch machine, bind them.
4. Tie ribbons on the spines of the book.
5. Using stickers, attach a name to the front of the book.
Instructions for the candy bag
1. Cut a piece of cardstock 4″ x 12″.
2. Score at 4″, 6″ and 10″.
3. Fold the treat box and at the top punch a ¾” punch hole.
4. Fill a cellophane bag with candy and thread the bag up through the top of the hole. Tie with ribbon.
5. Using adhesive, glue the flap down,
6. Cut a piece of paper 3 ½” x 1 ¾”.
7. Cut another piece of paper 3 ¾” x 2″. This will be the mat.
8. Glue the two together, and then glue on top of the flap.
9. Embellish with letter stickers.
Instructions for nugget turkeys
1. Punch three scalloped circles out of different patterned paper. Take one circle and place the other circle on top of slightly lower than the first one, creating a layer. Trim the bottom if you need to.
2. Take the 3rd scalloped circle and glue it to the bottom of the two scalloped circles. Set the three scalloped circles off to the side.
3. Cut a piece of patterned paper 1 1/8″ x 3″. Start on the bottom of the nugget and using a glue dot, stick the piece of paper on the nugget and wrap it around the nugget. Secure it on the bottom side of the nugget with another glue dot.
4. Cut a 1″ circle out of another piece of patterned paper. Take two eyes and using mini glue dots glue the eyes to the circle.
5. Cut a ½” square punch out of orange. Score it diagonally and fold it creating a “beak.” Using a mini glue dot, glue the beak to the head.
6. Using another glue dot, glue the head to the front of the nugget.
Turkey sucker place cards
1. Using the medium oval punch, punch 5 ovals out of different patterned paper.
2. Starting with the center feather, glue them overlapping, creating the look of feathers. Set aside.
3. Take two eyes and using mini glue dots, attach them to the front of a tootsie roll sucker.
4. Punch a ½” square out of orange cardstock. Score diagonally and fold in half. Using a mini glue dot, glue the beak to the sucker.
5. Using a large glue dot glue the feathers to the back of the sucker.
6. Cut a piece of paper 3 ¼” x 2 ¼”.
7. Cut another piece of paper 3 ½” x 2 ½”.
8. Glue the two pieces of paper together creating a mat.
9. Punch one hole in the top center of the mat. Punch another hole in the bottom center of the mat.
10. Embellish with sticker letters.
11. Slide the name onto the sucker stick.
For more great craft ideas go to: www.robertscrafts.com