Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop shares 10 girlfriend gifts you can find at your local thrift store or consignment shop.
1. Deliver fresh flowers in a second-hand teapot, bowl, vase or teacup.
2. Plant a flower in a second-hand serving bowl.
3. Wrap a small item (jewelry, etc) in a folded vintage hankie or napkin. Secure fold with a vintage pin.
4. Teacups are the perfect containers to hold candy, flowers, candles, pincushions, jewelry, etc.
5. Give a piece of vintage jewelry a new look by gluing a magnet to the back.
6. Deliver baked goods on second hand trays , plates or baskets.
7. Old books can be used as gift boxes. Either cut out the center of the pages to form a box, or remove all the pages and glue an old frame inside the book, creating a box.
8. Use an old record as wrapping to give music gift cards or movie passes.
9. Votive and small mason jars can be filled with a piece of jewelry, candy, bath salts and them topped with a cupcake liner lid. Place liner upside down over jar opening and secure with a string.
10. Cut and fold a men’s tie into a funky gift bag. (instructions below)
1. Lay tie out face down and mark the length you’d like the pocket to be. Fold up the small end of the tie and cut off excess. Leave about 1 inch to fold under.
2. Tuck end under and secure sides with fabric glue or stitch closed. Insert gift and add a bow.
Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop loves turning trash into treasure. She is handy with a hammer, and has a knack for saving a dime by doing it yourself! If you have questions for Jenn, e-mail her at email@example.com