You don’t have to do all the work for these Santa whoopie pies.
With the holiday season is busy enough, quick recipes are a must. These darling Santa whoopie pies are so fun and festive! Plus, they are easy to make thanks to an semi-homemade method.
Studio 5 Food Producer Alex Daynes shares the recipe. Fresh red strawberries make for the perfect Santa hat! You can also use a red M&M or Skittle with a little additional frosting down the front to turn them into Santa gnomes.
Santa Whoopie Pies
Yields 12 cookie pies
- 1 box brownie mix of choice
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 strawberries
- Prepare the brownies according to the box mix instructions. Grease a baking sheet and spread the batter on the sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool completely.
- Prepare the filling by whipping together all the ingredients.
- Remove the tops of the strawberries.
- Cut the brownies out into small circles. Spread a dollop of filling on one side of the brownie, then sandwich them together. Add a little more filling to the brownie stack, and stick a strawberry on for a Santa hat. Finish with a little more whipped cream on the tip of the strawberry and enjoy.