These sweet potato pie cookies are the handheld version of your favorite sliced treat.
Stretch your favorite holiday flavors this season! If sweet potato is your pie of choice, then these cookies are for you.
RaChelle Hubsmith shares how to make sweet potato pie cookies.
RaChelle is a baker on a new Food Network series Bake It ‘Til You Make It. The series premieres Monday, December 26th at 9pm ET/PT on Food Network. For more recipes and ideas from RaChelle, you can connect with her on Instagram at @RaChelleHubsmith.
Sweet Potato Pie Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into 20 slices
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow crème
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 72 mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Place slices of butter into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, while stirring constantly. Cook until the butter is light brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes. Pour butter including brown bits into the bowl of a stand mixer. Let cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Remove butter from the refrigerator and using the paddle attachment mix butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and the egg yolk. Mix on medium-high until smooth about 1-2 minutes. Mix in mashed sweet potato and mix until well combined, about another 1- 2 minutes.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until completely incorporated.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop out the dough with a 1 ½ inch wide cookie scoop and roll into balls. Roll each dough ball into the graham cracker crumbs and place on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Make the frosting by mixing the butter and marshmallow crème in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium-high for 2 minutes. Scrap the bottom and sides of the bowl and mix again for another minute. Turn the mixer to low and add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Turn up the speed to high and mix until well combined, about 1 minute. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and mix for another minute. Spread a thin layer of frosting over each cookie. Top each cookie with 3 marshmallows and partially melt them using a kitchen torch.