A burrito bowl is the ultimate customizable meal.
Skip the lines! Stay in and build your own Chipotle burrito bowls at home!
USU Extension’s April Litchford shared the recipe for Chipotle build your own burrito bowls.
Find info about Diabetes Cook-Along Classes here.
Chipotle Burrito Bowls
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 2-3 chicken breasts pounded thin (about 1
- Cooked brown rice
- Bowl Toppings: black or red beans, corn, bell peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced cabbage, thinly sliced onions, salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the chicken together in a small bowl. Rub this mixture over chicken breasts. If you have the time, let this sit on the chicken for 30 minutes (or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator).
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray or add a little bit of oil. Heat pans on high, once it is hot cook chicken for 3-5 minutes until it is nicely browned. Flip over and turn heat to medium. Cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest for 3-5 minutes. Once rested, slice thinly.
- To assemble bowl, place 1/3 cup cooked rice in bottom of bowl. Add sliced chicken and other toppings. Drizzle with dressing.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup water
- Zest from1 lime
- 2 TBS lime juice (about one large lime)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Blend yogurt, avocado, water, lime juice, zest, cilantro, and garlic in blender until smooth. Add olive oil and blend a few minutes until dressing is creamy.
- Season with pepper and drizzle over a salad or burrito bowl.