This summer treat is a twist on the classic s’more.
We are celebrating National S’mores Day the best way we know how – with these s’mores grahamies!
Khara Westergard shares her recipe for how she’s celebrating this sweet holiday with a unique summer treat!
For more recipes from Khara, follow her on Instagram at @BalsamicBaker.
- 5 oz. (about 1 C. fluffed) Gluten-Free Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (+ 1/8 tsp. if using unsalted butter below)
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 4 oz. (1/2 C. Or 1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 oz. honey
- 3 oz. (1/3 C. + 1 Tbsp.) packed golden brown sugar
- 3 oz. (1/3 C. + 1 Tbsp.) White Sugar
- 2 L Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Whisk dry ingredients well & set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix wet batter well. Beat butter, honey & sugars together first, then beat eggs & vanilla in thoroughly.
- Mix wet & dry ingredients together until just combined. Do not over mix, especially with gluten-free flour. Bake as directed at top of recipe.
- Add toppings, as instructed below.
- Set oven to broil & stay very attentive as you let the oven brown the marshmallows. It happens very quickly once it browns. Do not leave it unattended!
- Lightly spray or rub the knife with oil before cutting & between cuts to avoid mallow sticking.
- Ready to serve, enjoy!
- Milk chocolate chips (about 1 bag). Cover Grahamies with chocolate chips immediately after baking & let them melt.
- 4-5 oz. Jet Puffed Marshmallow Fluff. Add to piping bag (or freezer baggy) with ½ inch opening. Squeeze across chocolate in rows, skipping a row after each line. Fluff is necessary to keep real mallows softened & easier to cut after cooling. In a pinch, you can do without.
- Mini Jet Puffed Marshmallows. A couple handfuls sprinkled last over top as desired.
Makes enough for one 8” or 9” greased pan.
Preheat oven to 350° F
Bake 20-25 min. or until a knife poke comes out clean.
Making ahead? – Consider making chocolate into ganache to avoid it hardening:
- 10 oz. Hershey’s Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla – generously measured
- Warm cream, add chocolate, & let it melt (reheat in short spurts if needed). Mix until smooth. Add vanilla & mix in.
*Khara recommends only using Hershey’s chocolate with this option.