These walking tacos will be your new favorite Mexican dish.
You can bet your neighborhood block party on this Mexican food spread, but it’s the green sauce that seals the deal.
Food guest, Amy Richardson shares the menu for Walking Tacos and Guadalajara Green Sauce.
Guadalajara Green Sauce
- 2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and quartered
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced and seeds removed
- 1 bunch of cilantro, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 Fresh Jalapeño, if desired to add some heat
- 1 large avocado, pit and peel removed
In a sauce pan, place tomatillos, poblanos, and cilantro. Add water to pan about 2/3 full. Cook over medium heat and simmer until the cilantro leaves are brown. Cool and blend in blender until completely dissolved and even color. Add avocado and jalapeño and blend until smooth.
Makes 4-6 cups
Traditional recipe adapted by Amy Richardson
Amy Richardson is a longtime food and party contributor for KSL’s Studio 5. She is a self-taught home cook, recipe innovator, food stylist and food photographer. She shares her enthusiasm and creativity with bringing together beautiful food and family, to make wonderful memories!