This caramel popcorn gets a little Halloween treatment!
This Ooey Gooey Slime Popcorn is the perfect Halloween treat! It’s a spooky bright green, and a perfect recipe for a party with a hungry crowd.
Studio 5 Food Producer Alex Daynes shares the recipe. Her number one tip for making coated popcorn – ALWAYS use mushroom popcorn. It results in a heartier popped kernel that won’t break when coated with candy, caramel, or chocolate!
Grab Alex’s favorite popcorn popper here.
Slime Caramel Popcorn
- 3/4 cup air-popped mushroom popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 16-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- Green Food Dye
- Pop Mushroom Popcorn in an air popper. Remove any unpopped kernels. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium/low heat, melt butter.
- Once melted, stir in brown sugar, and mix until combined.
- Next, fold in the mini marshmallows and continue mixing until marshmallows meltdown and the mixture is smooth.
- Finally, stir in green food coloring.
- Pour caramel sauce over the popcorn and fold until popcorn is evenly coated. This caramel is soft caramel corn. Enjoy!
Studio 5 has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by KSL. All prices are subject to change.