Elena Davis is a true Italian cook with true Italian flair! Her website is one to bookmark come dinner time. You can check out all of her recipes at cucinabyelena.com.
Try Italian polenta for dinner tonight!
The possibilities are endless with this comforting, creamy, smooth, and sensational Italian polenta recipe.
Elena Davis shares her foolproof way to make Italian polenta. With only five ingredients and 10 minutes, you will have the perfect side to any meal.
Easy Italian Polenta Recipe
- 16 oz. (1 Lb.) quick cooking yellow corn polenta (if you use coarse ground adjust liquid)
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- ½ cup parmigiano cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Boil water with salt in a medium-large pot. Add polenta and stir vigorously. Stir on medium-high heat for 5 minutes until mixture thickens. Turn to low heat and keep stirring for another minute or two.
- Take off heat and add oil, parmigiano, and heavy cream. Stir until combined and creamy texture.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese and enjoy plain or as a side dish.