Megan Millecam shares the recipe for cream cheese chicken chili.
Find more recipes from Megan on Instagram, @imhungrywhatsfordinner, or at www.munchercruncher.com.
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
(makes 6 servings)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can sweet corn, undrained
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis, undrained (I used the mild stuff cause I’m not a heat gal)
- 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 8 oz package light cream cheese
- 12 oz cooked chicken OR 3 raw chicken breasts (I used frozen ones and it worked perfect) OR see below for easy cooked option.
- Turn crock pot on high, Place frozen chicken in crock pot and top with black beans, sweet corn, Rotel tomatoes, ranch dressing seasoning, cumin, chili powder, and onion powder. Stir that together to combine and put cream cheese on top without stirring it in.
- Allow it to cook for 3-4 hours. Once chicken shreds easily it is done, and you can stir it all together to combine. Mine took about 3 and a half hours on high, but you could also cook it for 6-8 hours on low. If you want to make it in the instant pot, cook on high pressure for 24 mins.
**If you are in a pinch, you can used the Kirkland brand canned chicken in place of the frozen chicken. Simply drain 2 cans, & combine them in the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients, including the cream cheese, & cook on high until everything is warmed together. (Usually 1 hour for the spices to combine as well.)