Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop took the challenge, and went straight to her friend Amber’s home.
• Glass or plastic ornaments look fabulous piled high in a serving bowl, or showcased on a platter.
• Replace your taper candles with ornaments. Round ornaments look great placed on top of a candle stick.
• Cluster and group 3 or more ornaments together. Secure with ribbon.
• Add character and dimensions to wreathes, garlands or Christmas tree by adding outdoor elements such as branches and sprigs of evergreens.
• Use holiday wrapping paper to cover various sized boxes. Attach an ornament and ribbon to the top. These brightly covered boxes add instant sparkle.
• Use fabric to create a table runner or sash for a mirror or chair. No sewing required- just iron rough edges under.
• Replace existing photos with Christmas photos.
You may already have some of these items in your cupboard and Christmas storage. But this is how Jenn spent the money in our $100 challenge:
Studio 5 Contributor Jennifer Heslop loves turning trash into treasure. She is handy with a hammer, and has a knack for saving a dime by doing it yourself! If you have questions for Jenn, e-mail her at email@example.com