It’s a sweet take on the Italian favorite. Whip it up for Valentines dessert the whole family will love.
Alex Daynes shares how to make this sweet dessert.
Find more of Alex’s recipes on her website, www.myownmealplan.blogspot.com.
Valentines Layered Delight
Yields 8 servings
- 1 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 strawberry danish dessert packet
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 bags of chessman cookies
- 1 dozen strawberries, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, stir danish dessert packet into cold water. Bring to a full boil, and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- While that is cooling, in a mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in the whipping cream. Finally, fold in two tablespoons of the prepared danish dessert.
- Next, begin to assemble the layered dessert in a heart shaped or 9×9 baking dish.
- Place a layer of chessman cookies.
- Spread a thin layer of the strawberry cream cheese over the cookies.
- Place a layer of strawberries over the cream cheese.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until you reach the top of your baking dish, leaving about a half inch from the top open.
- Pour the prepared danish over the last layer of strawberry cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours-overnight.
- Serve with whipping cream.