Shared by Jody Tippetts. Found in the original Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.
- 1 pound beef tenderloin steak or sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 8-oz carton dairy sour cream
- 2 tsp instant beef bouillon granules
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips. Combine flour and sour cream. Stir in bouillon granules, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside. In a large skillet cook and stir half of the meat in margarine over high heat until done. Remove. Add remaining meat, mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until meat is done and onion is tender. Return all meat to skillet. Add sour cream mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Serve over noodles. Serves 4.
*We serve this over noodles, as stated in the recipe, or rice.