- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Combine the butter, cottage cheese, flour and salt. Mix together.
- Form dough into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
- Pull dough out of the fridge (if it was refrigerated overnight, let it come to room temp for about 15 minutes) and unwrap the plastic.
- Set dough onto a floured surface and roll into a 14 inch circle. With a pizza cutter, cut the dough into eight triangles.
- From the outside in, roll each triangle of dough and form into a crescent shape. Set it onto a greased baking sheet with. the small corner tip of the dough on the bottom (so it doesn’t flap up while baking).
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until it is a golden color on the top.
- Let the cheese rolls rest for a minute while you make a simple glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over the tops of the rolls.
Whisk the ingredients together with just enough milk until it makes a consistency that’s just about right for drizzling. Enjoy! Makes 8 rolls.