Studio 5 Beauty & Style Contributor Holly Stone reveals four hip color combinations…and explains how you can pull them off.
WHEN SELECTING A COLOR TO WEAR:
• Wear colors in harmony with your personal coloring. Your personal coloring is comprised of 3 elements: hair color, eye color, skin tone. Identify your color temperature (warm or cool) in the 3 elements. The dominant 2 traits will indicate whether cool colors or warm colors are most flattering on you. This will assist you in selecting colors within your personal coloring.
• Don’t wear bold colors head to toe. Bold colors should be an accent or “pop”. Choose either pant/skirt or blouse in a bright color. Or, wear neutral top and bottom and let an accessory (belt, jewelry, hair bling, handbag) state the bold color.
• Dark recedes, light advances. To hide problematic figure areas, choose dark colors. To draw attention to a feature, wear light colors.
• You can wear any color you want as long as it is combined with a color close to your face that mirrors your personal coloring. The flattering color can harmonize the look and balance any other color you may choose to add. The color nearest your face is most important. If you love celery green but it isn’t in your personal coloring temperature, wear the color in shoes, a skirt, or on a handbag.
SPRING 2009: CREATIVE COMBINATIONS TO TRY:
1. Lavender /Salmon
Pair with Neutrals: Cream, camel, chocolate
Lavender Sweater- Macy’s $44.50
Salmon Belt-Macy’s $35.00
2. Blue/ Green
Pair with Neutrals: Cream, stone, charcoal
Blouse Express $29.50
Cami Down East Outfitters $9.00
Shoes Famous Footwear $49.00
3. Fuschia /Yellow
Pair with Neutrals: Cream, charcoal, navy
Skirt Express $59.00
Sandals Payless $25.00
Blouse Macy’s $24.99
4. Citron Green/Brown
Pair with Neatrals: Cream, Camel, Slate Blue
Capri’s Macy’s $35.00
Cami Down East Outfitters $9
Shrug TJ Maxx $29.99
Our Little Store (American Fork)
Holly Stone is a regular contributor on Studio 5 and also the owner of the local style and image company “Your Image, Your Way. With 19 years experience in the industry, Holly founded this company on the philosophy that refining your image can give you the confidence you need to live life to its fullest. Your Image, Your Way is a full-service image management company that can enhance your style while remaining true to your personality. Services include:
• Closet organization: Instruction on how to make the most out of your closet space. We will teach you how to maximize your time in selecting outfits to wear. We will evaluate what items can be re-designed, or should be discarded or donated.
• Figure Profile: Learn the styles of clothing that flatter your specific figure type
• Wardrobe Styling: We will style new outfits from your existing wardrobe. A picture portfolio of the newly created styles will be presented for easy reference.
• Personal Shopping: Save time and let us do your clothing shopping for you. We know the best fabrics, fits and styles to suit you. Our extensive knowledge of shopping outlets allows us to shop within your budget.
• Make up lessons: Have your make-up bag evaluated to see what is working/not working for you and why. Learn about skin care, brushes, the difference between drug store and department store products, the best colors for you and how to apply them based on your unique facial characteristics and lifestyle.
• Corporate image: Let us help you put your best foot forward. Training for employees and executives on image etiquette and its power.
To book an appointment please call 801-362-8934 or visit www.yourimageyourway.com.