Studio 5 Beauty & Style Contributor Holly Stone reveals the spring “must-haves” of 2009
What I love about this spring season is you don’t have to spend a lot of money to keep yourself fresh and current to trend. It’s such a great season where a little effort and investment goes a long way. There are a couple of items you want to add to your wardrobe for spring and then wear them, own them and love them!
Floral, feminine and flowing – this spring is all about the details. Accessories are the simple ways to update your wardrobe and bring it current to trend. Chunky, organic jewelry, or floral headbands draw the eye upwards towards the face which is the ultimate goal in styling.
Bold colors, bright patterns, or subtle prints, a scarf can be used multiple ways. Wear it around your neck to keep you warm as the chill of winter begins to warm. Wear it in your hair to add color around your face. Wear it around your waist to create the illusion of an indented waistline. Wear it as a belt.
Item show from: Wet Seal $9.99-14.99
2. White blouse with element of detail (buckle, bow, zipper)
A new white blouse is a must for spring. Can be worn alone or left open over a cami. Can be dressed up with jewelry or dressed down with denim. Tie it high on your waist to create a “shrug” look. Or tie it lower on your waist for a beach look. Belt it at the waist with a scarf or a belt.
Item show from: Express $29.99
3. Chandelier earrings
Whether you like them big or small, you can find a pair of chandelier earrings to fit your style. Chandelier earrings can be identified by their multiple tiers. To really embrace the season, purchase a pair in bright candy shop colors and wear with your white blouse for added flair.
Items show from: Dillard’s $18.99, Icing $9.99
4. Broom stick skirt
Skirt lengths are longer this season and broomstick skirts can be found everywhere. Pick one up in a neutral color which can be worn with many things. Or be bold and embrace the floral patterns which are all the rage. Don’t be afraid to wear white. If it gets dirty, just make sure you purchase a fabric that can be washed in a washing machine.
Item show from: Macy’s $39.99, $24.99
5. Hair ornaments (headband, bigger barrettes, flower clips)
No matter the length of hair, hair bling can add fun detail to your look. Be cautious not to wear something so big that it becomes the focus and not the accent. Accessories are meant to accent your look, not overpower your natural features.
Item show from: Icing $5.50-12.50
Holly Stone is a regular contributor on Studio 5 and also the owner of the local style and image company “Your Image, Your Way. With 19 years experience in the industry, Holly founded this company on the philosophy that refining your image can give you the confidence you need to live life to its fullest. Your Image, Your Way is a full-service image management company that can enhance your style while remaining true to your personality. Services include:
• Closet organization: Instruction on how to make the most out of your closet space. We will teach you how to maximize your time in selecting outfits to wear. We will evaluate what items can be re-designed, or should be discarded or donated.
• Figure Profile: Learn the styles of clothing that flatter your specific figure type
• Wardrobe Styling: We will style new outfits from your existing wardrobe. A picture portfolio of the newly created styles will be presented for easy reference.
• Personal Shopping: Save time and let us do your clothing shopping for you. We know the best fabrics, fits and styles to suit you. Our extensive knowledge of shopping outlets allows us to shop within your budget.
• Make up lessons: Have your make-up bag evaluated to see what is working/not working for you and why. Learn about skin care, brushes, the difference between drug store and department store products, the best colors for you and how to apply them based on your unique facial characteristics and lifestyle.
• Corporate image: Let us help you put your best foot forward. Training for employees and executives on image etiquette and its power.
To book an appointment please call 801-362-8934 or visit www.yourimageyourway.com.