All your favorite Italian flavors in one caprese pasta salad!
A good salad is a summer staple! Make a big recipe and serve as a meal, or go small for a delicious side. These two salads capitalize on summer produce and grilling season.
Marguerite Henderson shares how to make a caprese pasta salad and a chicken and grilled peach salad. Both of these dishes are super easy to whip up for a summer treat.
Find more recipes from Marguerite on Instagram, @margueriteh100.
- 1 pound imported penne pasta, cooked “al dente”, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh basil leaves (about 2 cups)
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pearl shaped mozzarella balls (perline)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Have the pasta cooked and in a large bowl. In a food processor or blender, place the garlic, basil, tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil. Pulse on and off until coarsely chopped, not pureed. Taste for seasoning. Add a little sugar to the sauce if it tastes bitter. It all depends on the variety and flavor of your tomatoes. Pour the sauce over the pasta, add the Parmesan cheese and mozzarella, toss well. Serve at once. Serves 6-8.