Put the fruit on the grill for this grilled peach salad!
A good salad is a summer staple! Make a big recipe and serve as a meal, or go small for a delicious side. These two salads capitalize on summer produce and grilling season.
Find more recipes from Marguerite on Instagram, @margueriteh100.
Grilled Chicken and Peaches Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, about 8 ounces each, skinless and boneless
- Salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 large peaches, halved, pit removed
- Canola oil
- 4 cups arugula
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup nuts of choice: walnuts, pecans, pistachios, pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (added at the end)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Grill the chicken breasts for 10 minutes per side over low heat on grill (325o). Grill peaches for 5 minutes, cut side down, rubbed with canola oil, until grill marks appear.
Cut into small pieces. When cool, toss with arugula, red onion, cucumber, carrots and nuts. Place in sealed container. Chill. Make dressing by whisking all ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a jar. Refrigerate. When ready to serve, drizzle a small amount (NOT THE WHOLE JAR!) of dressing on salad just to “kiss the lettuce.” Sprinkle on the feta cheese and serve at once. Serves 4. Reserve the leftover dressing for another day!