Whip up something light and bright at your
next luncheon or baby shower gathering.
Shauna Evans, author of Skinny-licious,
shares her recipe for summer rolls with
1 cup water
8 rice papers (found in Asian section of grocer)
16 shrimp, tails removed and cooked
1 cup spinach leaves, washed and dried
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup Chinese thread noodles, cooked according to package directions
Thai Peanut Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Pour water in a pie tin.
2. Soak each rice paper one at a time until soft–about 5 seconds.
3. In center of each softened rice paper, place 2 shrimp, 2 spinach leaves, 1/8 cup bean sprouts, 1/8 cup carrots, and 1/8 cup noodles.
4. Fold all four sides in like an envelope.
5. Cut rolls in half and serve with Thai Peanut Sauce.
Thai Peanut Sauce
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 coconut milk
2 Tbls. rice vinegar
2 Tbls. lime juice
2 Tbls. brown sugar
1 Tbls. red chili sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Put all ingredients in a blender.
2. Pulse until smooth.
3. Serve with Summer Rolls.
For more great recipes, visit www.sweetandsavoryseven.com.